Recently one of my favorite websites, The Muse posted about a dream job opportunity for Google’s Community Partnerships Program. Seem’s like the perfect opportunity for someone passionate about Social Media and Product Marketing. Here is the job description:
Google - Community Partnerships Program
Pursue Your Passion. Connect People. Build Communities.
Focus on the user and all else will follow. At it’s core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, solving problems and making the world a better place through the magic of our technology and systems. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products can solve the world’s problems – from everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. We approach marketing in a way that only Google can – redefining the medium, championing the user, and ultimately, letting technology speak for itself.
Community Partnerships Program (CPP) is a one year program to learn Google marketing strategies and principles, develop career building skills and to have fun. As a member of the CPP, your core job will be to bring the magic of Google+ to users around the United States. You will be responsible for creating strategy, developing relationships with key digital influencers and executing priority programming initiatives designed by Google+ product marketing managers
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years experience in product marketing, digital media, or consulting.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining partnerships, including cold outreach.
- Production or online programming background.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for Google+ and social media.
- Willingness to travel.
- Work with your assigned lead to initiate critical outreach, develop key partnerships and build digital engagement strategies.
- Execute on priority Google+ programming initiatives, including Hangouts On Air.
- Lead trainings and workshops on the benefits of the Google+ platform.
- Grow Google+ communities by activating and engaging platform power-users.
Here is the Application: http://communitypartnershipsprogram.com/application
Fall Application Deadline 10/1/2013